Last Updated: 12/17/2020
Program participants will be provided with entry requirements prior to their departure via email. Please check your email and the International Programs (IP) Portal regularly for updated information. Detailed Spring 2021 entry restrictions guidance for participants can also be found here:
- London, U.K. Spring 2021 Entry Requirements
- Valencia, Spain Spring 2021 Entry Requirements
- Florence, Italy Spring 2021 Entry Requirements
For general and most up to date entry and exit requirements, movement restrictions within the host country and resources, please visit the corresponding Embassy:
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, independent travel will not be allowed until further notice. Students cannot travel outside the host city. Specific geographic details will be provided to students during onsite orientation.
IP COVID-19 FAQ's
What can I do to prevent or slow the transmission of COVID-19?
The CDC recommends the following to help prevent infection:
- Wash your hands regularly with soap and water for 20 seconds, or clean them with alcohol-based hand rub with at least 60% alcohol.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a mask.
- Maintain at least six feet distance between you and others.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Stay home if you feel unwell.
- Clean and disinfect living area, particularly shared bathrooms.
What are the symptoms for COVID-19 and what should I do if I don’t feel well?
All participants should routinely monitor for symptoms of COVID-19 including:
- Fever (100.40F or more) or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
NOTE: These symptoms can be associated with many different conditions, not just COVID-19. If a person has just a single or mild symptom, it may fully resolve within 24 hours.
If you are experiencing multiple or severe symptoms, please self-quarantine in your room and contact your Study Center COVID-19 point person.
IP strongly encourages the use of the FSU Daily Wellness Check App to monitor potential symptoms every day. The Daily Wellness Check is available through MyFSUMobile and myFSU portal. For more details, please visit: https://news.fsu.edu/news/2020/08/12/stay-healthy-training-daily-wellness-check-application/
Please note, IP will require the use of the App and a cleared result (green check mark) to participate in some excursions including all overnight trips.
What if I’ve come into close contact with a person who is positive?
If you have reason to believe you have been exposed to COVID-19, please self-quarantine in your room and contact your Study Center COVID-19 point person (see Question #5 for contact information) as soon as possible. You may also be contacted by local authorities with information that you have been exposed. In this case, please follow the same instructions and contact the point-person immediately.
Alternatively, the Study Center COVID-19 point person or a member of the FSU SAFER team may contact you with information that you have come into close contact with a positive case. Again, you will be asked to begin quarantine and to follow all guidance provided by the Study Center staff and the SAFER team.
A close contact is defined as:
- You were within 6 feet of someone who has COVID-19 for a total of 15 minutes or more
- You provided care at home to someone who is sick with COVID-19
- You had direct physical contact with the person (hugged or kissed them)
- You shared eating or drinking utensils
- They sneezed, coughed, or somehow got respiratory droplets on you
Please note, local guidance may differ. Please contact your Study Center COVID-19 Point Person (See Question #5 for contact information) if you have any questions.
What happens if I test positive for COVID-19? (POSITIVE Communication Protocol)
If you test positive for COVID-19, please isolate yourself in your room and text or call your Study Center COVID-19 Point Person (see Question #5 for contact information).
After you have contacted your Point Person, please also complete the FSU Daily Wellness Check in the App (See Question #2 for details about the App). Completing this step will allow for the SAFER team to also be notified of your positive result.