Florida State University will resume normal, pre-pandemic operations
effective Aug. 1, 2021.
- A few public health and safety protocols remain for student organizations and some specific events including residence hall move-in.
- Masks are recommended but not required on campus except in designated healthcare locations.
- Classes will return to predominately face-to-face instruction and indoor space limitations will be discontinued. A small percentage of designated courses will continue online as offered prior to the pandemic.
- Employees will return to pre-pandemic work locations and schedules.
- Full vaccination against COVID-19 is strongly recommended for all students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Unvaccinated individuals who test positive or come in close contact with known COVID-19 cases will be required to quarantine at home 10 days for the safety of others.
- The university’s COVID-19 testing, contact tracing and vaccination programs will continue to offer services to the campus community through the fall semester.
- Thank you for your cooperation and #StayHeathyFSU!
Florida State University's top priority is the health and safety of the campus community. "Stay Healthy FSU" is a public health portal for individuals living, working, or studying on the FSU campus.
COVID-19 Case Statistics
The University is highly encouraging all individuals who will be present on campus to undergo testing for COVID-19. In addition, all students, faculty, and staff are provided an opportunity to notify the university if they have tested positive for COVID-19 through the FSU Daily Wellness Check App. These numbers reflect data collected August 2 through May 30. Numbers will be updated weekly.
Total Tests at FSU
(2,302 students, 111 employees)
|Date Range||Total number of tests at FSU||Students||Employees||Total Positive||Positivity Rate|
|June 7 - June 13||146||0||0||0||0.00%|
|May 31 - June 6||121||0||0||0||0.00%|
|May 24 - May 30||90||2||0||2||2.22%|
|May 17 - May 23||174||1||0||1||0.57%|
|May 10 - May 16||282||0||0||0||0.00%|
|May 3 - May 9||313||0||0||0||0.00%|
|April 26 - May 2||420||1||0||1||0.24%|
|April 13 - April 25||545||3||1||4||0.73%|
|April 12 - April 18||757||7||0||7||0.92%|
|April 5 - April 11||800||2||0||2||0.25%|
|March 29 - April 4||890||10||0||10||1.12%|
|March 22 - March 28||971||10||0||10||1.03%|
|March 15 - March 21||1,056||16||0||16||1.52%|
|March 8 - March 14||1,248||10||1||11||0.88%|
|March 1 - March 7||1,254||17||1||18||1.44%|
|February 22 - February 28||1,635||38||1||39||2.39%|
|February 15 - February 21||1,822||26||4||30||1.65%|
|February 8 - February 14||1,989||38||4||42||2.11%|
|February 1 - February 7||1,956||43||2||45||2.30%|
|January 25 - January 31||1,822||63||2||65||3.57%|
|January 18 - January 24||1,899||82||3||85||4.48%|
|January 11 - January 17||2,409||60||11||71||2.94%|
|January 3 - January 10||4,565||76||16||92||2.02%|
|December 27 - January 2||467||11||2||13||2.78%|
|December 20 - December 26||522||7||2||9||1.72%|
|December 14 - December 19||1,510||4||3||7||0.46%|
|December 7 - December 13||1,736||16||3||19||1.08%|
|November 24 - December 6||1,469||15||4||19||1.29%|
|November 23 - November 29||1,683||15||1||16||0.95%|
|November 15 - November 22||3,077||38||4||42||1.36%|
|November 8 - November 14||1,875||48||4||52||2.77%|
|November 1 - November 7||2,012||39||4||43||2.14%|
|October 25 - October 31||1,906||28||1||29||1.52%|
|October 18 - October 24||1,863||27||1||28||1.50%|
|October 11 - October 17||2,031||26||1||27||1.33%|
|October 4 - October 10||2,281||23||3||26||1.14%|
|September 27 - October 3||2,620||52||1||53||2.02%|
|September 20 - September 26||2,072||46||5||51||2.46%|
The Stay Healthy Ambassador Program (SHAP) commenced during the start of the fall 2020 semester and consists of trained volunteers from various FSU departments and organizations.